activemq-users mailing list archives

From colonelx <>
Subject JDBC Master Slave Question
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:43:19 GMT

I have 2 brokers setup in a JDBC Master Slave Configuration.

Each broker is on a different machine. BoxA and BoxB
The database is also on a different machine BoxC. (mysql 5.1)

The failover is working fine when I manually kill any instance of ActiveMQ
on BoxA or BoxB. (Ctrl-C)

However, can anyone tell me what will happen if the if the Master instance
looses its network connection ?
Will its lock on the database get dropped immediately ? or will it still
hold a (now invalid) lock on the database ?
I ask this, because if this happens , there could possibly be a condition
where the slave won't ever be able to get a lock on the database because the
master has lock which did not get correctly released and manual intervention
would be needed in order to fix up the problem.

I know that I could test this by plugging in and out the physical network
connections, but I'm not really in a position to do this on any of the above