activemq-users mailing list archives

From mjustin <>
Subject Stomp and temporary destinations
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:17:01 GMT

After reading the description for "Temporary Queues do not work with
multiple connections to StompConnect"
(, I would like to know if the
Stomp connector in ActiveMQ supports temporary destinations:

"It is indeed possible to subscribe and send messages using temporary
queues, however this is only possible if the same connection that SUBscribed
to the temporary queue (e.g. /temp-queue/tom) is also the one to send a
message to it."

Is this the only thing I have to consider? If I read the JMS Spec, there is
no way to use a name for the creation of a temporary queue. Will the broker
assign a name, and pass it to the client using the JMSReplyTo header?

Many thanks in advance,

Michael Justin