activemq-users mailing list archives

From shaldar <shaltr...@gmail.com>
Subject activemq-cpp client heartbeat and reconnect with broker?
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 00:22:31 GMT

Hi all -

I wrote a publish/subscribe clients that seem to be working well with the
broker. I want make the clients more reliable - particularly when the
network connection goes down. This is especially needed for the subscriber,
which just sits on an asynchronous listener once the connection starts.

Is there anything simple I can do in my main loop that checks for the health
of the connection to the broker?

Also, if the connection goes down, should I just attempt to restart the
connection - or - do I have to recreate new connection, session and consumer
objects?

Any ideas or sample codes will be very helpful.

Best - Susmit