activemq-users mailing list archives

From mkeenan <kee...@p2sol.com>
Subject Re: Where do I find provider jars? activemq.jar is NOT included in apache-activemq-5.2.0-bin.zip
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:24:51 GMT

pstein wrote:

> On web page http://activemq.apache.org/hermes-jms.html
>
> it is described that I have to use
>
> activemq.jar
> concurrent.jar
> geronimo-spec-j2ee-management.jar
>
> as provider jars for HermesJMS.
>
> These jars are NOT included in the downloadeable ActiveMQ release.
> Are they renamed in the recent version?

I think that web page is probably out of date.  I have HermesJMS setup using
the following:

5.1 Broker
========

activemq-core-5.1.0.jar
geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.0.jar

5.2 Broker
========

activemq-core-5.2.0.jar
geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.0.jar

Those are included in the ActiveMQ release.  It took a bit of trial and
error to get all the JNDI settings right, but I stumbled onto it eventually.
I was motivated to get HermesJMS working because the built-in web interface
and JMX are both functional but a bit clunky for some usage patterns.