activemq-users mailing list archives

From Vuppala <hainav...@gmail.com>
Subject How to get first 100 messages in the queue into an array
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:57:59 GMT

I am using ActiveMQ-5.2.0.

I have a scenario like, Queue can have a lot more than 100,000 messages.
So, I am afraid I get OutOfMemory error if I tried to move them to a
different queue in a single shot.

I see method 'browse' on 'QueueView' class which returns all the messages in
the queue.

So, if I can read specified number of messages ( like first 100) into an
array and move them to a different queue and loop the same till queue gets
emptied.

Please help me how can I achieve this at the earliest possible as I am
running short of time.

I appreciate your help.