activemq-users mailing list archives

From Robert Schultz <rob...@cosmicrealms.com>
Subject connection.createSession hangs up
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 23:58:43 GMT

So I have an ActiveMQ server working just great. I can connect to it via
python and send and receive messages over topics, no problems.

But now I'm trying to create a Java program that will consume messages.
Whenever it gets to connection.createSession the program hangs up forever.

The code:
ActiveMQConnectionFactory();
connectionFactory.setUserName("theUsername");
connectionFactory.setPassword("thePassword");
connectionFactory.setBrokerURL("stomp://my.server.com:61613");

Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
Session session = connection.createSession(false,
Session.SESSION_TRANSACTED);

I've tried several different things including specific topicConnections,
etc.
None of them work, once it hits createSession it hangs forever.

If I pause the running process here is the stack trace:
Unsafe.park(boolean, long) line: not available [native method] [local
variables unavailable]
LockSupport.park(Object) line: 158
AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await() line: 1925
ArrayBlockingQueue<E>.take() line: 317
FutureResponse.getResult() line: 40
ResponseCorrelator.request(Object) line: 80
ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(Command) line: 1233
ActiveMQConnection.ensureConnectionInfoSent() line: 1339
ActiveMQConnection.createSession(boolean, int) line: 298

The active MQ thread has:
SocketInputStream.socketRead0(FileDescriptor, byte[], int, int, int) line:
not available [native method]
SocketInputStream.read(byte[], int, int) line: 129
TcpBufferedInputStream.fill() line: 50
TcpBufferedInputStream.read() line: 58
DataInputStream.readByte() line: 248
StompWireFormat.readLine(DataInput, int, String) line: 186
StompWireFormat.unmarshal(DataInput) line: 94
TcpTransport.readCommand() line: 210
TcpTransport.doRun() line: 202
TcpTransport.run() line: 185
Thread.run() line: 619 [local variables unavailable]

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

I'm running Stomp 5.2.0 on a Linux machine with Java 1.6

I'd appreciate any and all help/advice/tips!