activemq-users mailing list archives

From shaldar <shaltr...@gmail.com>
Subject activemq-cpp DLL not loading on Windows XP
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:27:29 GMT

Hi -

I created a DLL using the activemq-CPP library on my Windows Vista machine
(with the Visual C++ 2008 express edition).  This DLL loads and works fine
on this development machine. But when I try to call it in a Windows XP
machine, I get an error 126 : "Cannot load library xxx.dll".

Now when I rebuild the same project - but after stripping away any
references to activemq classes and objects - the DLL works well on XP. But
that loses all functionality - except for popping up some test message
boxes.  The only other difference between the original DLL and the stripped
down version is size, the original DLL - after linking with the activemq-cpp
and apr libraries - is 2.4 M in size, while the stripped down version is
only 13 K.

Am I missing something? How can I make the activemq-CPP enabled DLL work on
xp the same way I did on Vista?

Best - Susmit