activemq-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Pietrowicz <...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: BUG: JMS consumer hangs while producing profusely
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:39:29 GMT

We've run into this hanging problem as well, but weren't able to isolate this
in our code enough to create a test that makes this happen.  Thanks for
doing this!

After looking through the archives, we tried setting
"producerFlowControl=false", which fixed the problem.  Unfortunately, we've
run into another (possibly related, but I can't tell at this point) problem
where the broker drops the receiver's connection, and the next time the
receiver tries to execute some protocol negotiations between it and the
broker, the receiver gets a Broken Pipe message.

This is in ActiveMQ-CPP:

decaf::net::SocketOutputStream::write - Broken pipe
	FILE: decaf/net/SocketOutputStream.cpp, LINE: 100
	FILE: decaf/io/BufferedOutputStream.cpp, LINE: 118
	FILE: ./decaf/io/FilterOutputStream.h, LINE: 191
	FILE: activemq/connector/openwire/OpenWireCommandWriter.cpp, LINE: 78
	FILE: activemq/transport/IOTransport.cpp, LINE: 94
	FILE: activemq/transport/filters/ResponseCorrelator.cpp, LINE: 62
	FILE: activemq/connector/openwire/OpenWireFormatNegotiator.cpp, LINE: 78
	FILE: activemq/connector/openwire/OpenWireConnector.cpp, LINE: 1497
	FILE: activemq/connector/openwire/OpenWireConnector.cpp, LINE: 921
	FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQConsumer.cpp, LINE: 460
	FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQConsumer.cpp, LINE: 414
	FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQConsumer.cpp, LINE: 288

At this point we're trying to isolate what's happening to reproduce this in
a test case.

The reason I bring this up is that if you try turning
producerFlowControl=false, you might run into what we did.