activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ-CPP and Advisory messages
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 00:14:56 GMT
On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 14:38 -0700, Nascent wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Thanks for the reply. The tutorial looks great. I have a few more questions
> though.
>
> Specifically, I am trying to use topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue but
> there doesn't seem to be any msg properties that I can leverage and I have
> no visibility into the body of the messages that come across this topic.
> According to ActiveMQ documentation
> (http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html) the properties and data
> structure are null for messages on this topic. Is this correct? I would
> think a message on this topic would at the very least have the temporary
> queue name and whether it was just created or destroyed. This is the kind of
> information I am looking for. I want to know if a client is gone by knowing
> when its temporary (reply) queue goes away.

I have updated the tutorial to demonstrate how you can monitor the
Broker for temp destinations being created and destroyed.  Here's the
link angain:

http://activemq.apache.org/cms/handling-advisory-messages.html

Note that you will be a bit more challenged to try and do this with the
2.x code and I'd really advise you to move to 3.0 for this.

There are also new examples in the trunk code under examples/advisories
for this as well.

Regards
Tim.

--