activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to send the massive files from CMS to JMS?
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 14:17:37 GMT
On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 04:35 -0700, Sahay wrote:
> Thank you Tim.
>
> We encourage not to send either as a byte Array or multiple messages between
> CMS to JMS. We are expecting to perform the push-pull mechanism between CMS
> and JMS by sending the single ActiveMQStreamMessage.
>
> The CMS based producer would create the StreamMessage with outputstream(for
> pushing the data) and send to Server, and then JMS based consumer would
> receive the message and to get the input stream(for pulling the data) from
> the StreamMessage. CMS producer pushes the data to that output stream
> continuously and then the JMS based consumer would able to pull the data
> from the input stream of the StreamMessage as soon as it received the
> Message from Server. We are here just sending a single message by creating a
> stream for whole data transfer between the producer and consumer. Can we
> implement it through ActiveMQStreamMessage? If not, Can you please suggest
> some workaround to simulate the push-pull mechanism without intermediate
> copying? I think, it's possible with ActiveMQBlobMessage, but it was not yet
> supported by ActiveMQ-CPP although it was supported by JMS.

I think the StreamMessage name might be misleading you here.  The
Message is not an active stream between two clients, its just another
form of Message which contains a body composed of structure primitive
types.  You still have to create, fill and send the Message to the
Broker and then receive and read from the Message at the receiving
client end as you would any message.  No matter what message type you
use, the data must be copied into and out of each Message that is sent.

One way to do this sort of thing would be to use a request response type
interchange where the producer sends a message indicating it wants to
send a file and the consumer responds with a message containing the URI
of a location to send the file to, via SCP, TCP, or whatever streaming
mechanism you'd like to use.  Or you could implement something that
works very much like the BlobMessage where you upload the data to some
location and then send the URI along to the client so they can access it
via SCP, HTTP, etc.

> Please see my inline comments....
>
> Thanks,
> Sahay
>

> it What we expect from stream message is that we simply assign the output
> stream to the StreamMessage at CMS based Producer and then push the binary
> data to that stream, and by sametime we would like to pull the data at JMS
> based Consumer by referring the input stream from that message as soon we
> received it.

Regards
Tim.

--