activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: too many open files
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 05:54:32 GMT

On 10 May 2009, at 21:03, DataMover wrote:

> I have seems several posts on this but I have not been able to solve
> our
> situation.
>
> We have 30 clients (producers) working with one activemq server.
> All worked amazingly well.
>
> Then we tried a test with around 250 clients.
>
> That would get many transport errors.
> Increasing the file limits on the os caused the system to come to a
> crawl
> with no benefit.
>
> I am assuming the problem can be solved with multiple brokers being
> run.
> One question is do they have to be on different machines, or can we
> have
> multiple activemqs running on the same server, each listening on a
> different
> ip?
>

> --

You can use multiple brokers on the same machine - but could you
provide a little more detail about your setup ?:
  How much memory did you allocate for your broker?
What version of ActiveMQ are you running ?
Are you using Topics or Queues ?
Do you need the Queue messages to be persistent ?

cheers,

Rob

Rob Davies
http://fusesource.com