activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Activemq-admin stop does not work
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 18:45:37 GMT
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:45 AM, Johannes Frank
<johannes.frank@kisters.de> wrote:

> Hello I'm trying to use "activemq-admin stop" to stop a running activemq
> instance (it is running, I have the other console spitting out output all
> the time). I'm using the standard activemq 5.2 I downloaded from you.
> However, as soon as I'm doing the stop command: the following Exception
> jungle is generated:

You just need to edit the ActiveMQ startup script a bit so that JMX
authentication and SSL are disabled and a port number is specified.
Just make the following edits to lines 76-77 to the bin/activemq.bat
script:

if "%SUNJMX%" == "" set
SUNJMX=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1099
REM set SUNJMX=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote

After making this quick change to the script, start up ActiveMQ again
and the 'activemq-admin stop' command should work properly.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder