activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jose Luna <j-l...@rocketmail.com>
Subject Re: Durable subscription with subscription recovery policy
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 19:11:28 GMT
----- Original Message ----

Just in case anyone has a similar problem finds this post, we ended up modifying ActiveMQ
to send an advisory message after all past messages have been recovered for the subscription.
 (The Advisory message goes only to the consumer, not to the topic for all consumers to see.)
 This allows the consumer to know that it has received all past messages and shouldn't use
the retroactive header in future.  This is undoubtedly somewhat "hackish" way to do it, but
it's the quickest thing we could come up with given a short deadline.  The diff is attached.

JLuna