activemq-users mailing list archives

From Roger Hoover <roger.hoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help with activemq - php architecture
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 20:59:53 GMT
I don't know of any such local store and forward for PHP, but I think the
concept is good.  We have experienced issues where an ActiveMQ broker
freezes and blocks all PHP clients, which in turn can tie up all currency in
the website.  You might do something as simple as staging message to the
local filesystem and having a daemon forward them on to AMQ.

On a philosophical note, there seems to be an irony in having your site go
down while blocking on something that's supposed to be asynchronous...