activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multicast discovery and ?group=parameter
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 10:16:41 GMT
the default group name is "default" so a group attribute can override this.
Having no group parameter means that you are in the default group.
The group is used to multiplex on a single multicast address. Using a
different multicast address and the no (or the default) group parameter does
the same thing.
I think the only difference may be operational, if routers need to be
configured to allow more mutilcast packets through.

--
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source SOA
http://FUSESource.com