activemq-users mailing list archives

From <srinivas.ram...@wipro.com>
Subject limiting memory usage of ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 15:20:27 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know how to configure memory usage limit for ActiveMQ when not using persistence.[what
kind of configuration is required?]

I tried various configurations but it didn't work.

1.       Also, I am seeing lots of cache memory being created when we start ActiveMQ. How
do I know what all caching are happening?

2.       I also tried to reduce the memory by disabling JMX รจ useJMX="false". But the logs
still say JMX enabled.

3.       I have disabled persistence using persistent=false. Now it's using memorypersistenceadapter.
How do I control memory usage of this adapter?

4.       If I don't want camel, can I directly edit the config XML file to remove camel extentions?
Does this save any memory for me?

5.       Can I use ActiveMQ without spring. I would like to see if removing spring can reduce
any memory usage.

I would be grateful if anyone can share any ideas on how to reduce ActiveMQ RAM usage. I will
share all my finding once my evaluation is complete.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

-- Srinivas R

of this message and any attachments.