activemq-users mailing list archives

From Deepak Agrawal <s.deepak.agra...@gmail.com>
Subject Concurrent message processing
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 04:38:59 GMT

I am using activeMQ 5.1 and I want my consumer to process my message
asynchronously.
Whenever any message comes to the consumer the processing of message in
onMessage method includes connectivity with database and processing database
query. So here if there is any block of code which requires more time to
process, it is delaying processing of other message. For example one message
in onMessage is taking 45 seconds to process the message and do necessary
database calls, the second message is consumed only after 45 seconds are
over.

I want concurrent consuming of message to the consumer. So that the
processing of one message should not delay the processing of another
messages in the same queue.

What will be the best way to achieve this ?
Thanks for any help.