activemq-users mailing list archives

From mvhoof <mvh...@tp2net.com>
Subject Producer Acknowledge in NMS ?
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 10:20:12 GMT

Hi,

I have a requirement to built a message queue Consumer/producer which works
on flaky connections. Now this consumer/producer could be rebooted at all
times (we have no control over this). So my challenge is this:

Simply sending the Message using a MessageProducer, i know when a message is
actually sent, however, this could block the application if the connection
is down AND, if the machine is rebooted, i could loose the messages .

Using RequestTimeOut, i could bypass the locking issue, however.. how can i
find out if a message has been sent or not ? I've read just about everything
i could find on ActiveMQ and NMS but this does not show up anywhere ? For
building a trusty system, i really need to know if the message has been sent
and if not, i can cache it locally until connection is restored.

Secondly, is there any way to monitor the connection with the broker using
NMS (we are using the failover protocol) so i can retry sending the chached
messages as soon as connection is up again ?

Many thanks in advance !