activemq-users mailing list archives

From Grant Birchmeier <>
Subject Example of connecting via SSL to ActiveMQ?
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 03:14:17 GMT

I'm going nuts trying to get my client to connect to ActiveMQ via SSL.

I've referred to the instructions at, but the "Starting the
Client" section isn't very verbose.  Why doesn't it talk about any Java code
or ActiveMQ API classes?

Do I need to create a SSLContext?  What's the difference between
javax.ssl.SSLContext and (the latter
of which has an almost completely empty javadoc)?

I think I'm pretty close now, but I'm stuck on a "No X509TrustManager
implementation available" exception.  The JSSE ref guide says that there's a
default X509 implementation, but apparently I'm not invoking it right.

I have so many questions that I'm sure could be answered by seeing a simple
example program, but I can't seem to find one.  A simple sender/receiver
example would be invaluable.  Is there none?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm going crazy here.