activemq-users mailing list archives

From cmarcel <christophe.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C# / .net - getting started
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 15:57:41 GMT

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The changes you made really helped me out a
lot.

For others getting started like me, here are a few other things that helped
me out:
- ActiveMQ is a JMS implementation, so a good starting point is any
documentation on JMS.  This should help understand how all the NMS / JMS
entities work together (connection, session, destination, etc.), in addition
to covering all the message types (MapMessage vs. TextMessage vs. ...) &
other things.  Once you get a grip on all that stuff (from a java
standpoint, or whatever), you are in good shape to start coding NMS in C#.
- In order for the code on the getting started page to work:
     - You need to have the 'nmsprovider-activemq.config' file present
wherever your exe is (add it to your project and change its solution
properties so it gets copied to the output directory).  You can find copies
of this file in the activemq NMS source code
     - Assuming you are running activemq on the local machine, change the
connecturi from 'activemq:tcp://activemqhost:61616' to
'...//localhost:61616'.

Best,

Christophe