activemq-users mailing list archives

From plester3738 <paul_les...@emainc.com>
Subject Is it possible: Stop large message already in progress?
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 15:28:23 GMT

We have a requirement where we must prioritize messages prior to placing them
in an ActiveMQ queue. However, we are variable bandwidth connection that
could degrade during application operation.

If we are sending a large object, say an image of 5 MB, and our bandwidth
degrades during the send, we need to be able to stop the currently
in-progress ActiveMQ message so that a higher priority, smaller message can
go first. We can place the image back into the queue later.

Is there a way to stop a message that has already started down the line via
JMX or directly?