activemq-users mailing list archives

From Duro <duroku...@zoznam.sk>
Subject Performace of AMQ 5.3 Broker decreasing with number of stored presistent msgs.
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 18:02:40 GMT

Hello,

when I've tried to store more than 500k persistent messages to queue using
kahaPersistenceAdapter I've realized that rate of sending immediately falls
from cca. 4000msgs/s to cca. 700msgs/s. There is no significant change in
heap space usage at this point MemoryPercentUsage is also same as before.
What is cause of this behaviour. Is this value configurable?

When, after storing so many msgs, I've started receiver, it receives
messages in batch mode with couple second interval without receiving. Is it
any way to avoid such behaviour?
Thanks for answer.
Kind Regards,

Juraj