activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jai_M <mjaiganesh...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to create a TransportConnector using JMX
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 21:36:59 GMT

Hi,

  I am trying to create TransportConnector using JMX and I am getting the
following NullPointerException.

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.start(TransportConnector.java:197)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.BrokerView.addConnector(BrokerView.java:204)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(Unknown Source)

The broker was started as an embedded broker. The following is the spring
configuration for the jmx connection

<bean id="mbeanConnection"
class="org.springframework.jmx.support.MBeanServerConnectionFactoryBean">
  		<property name="serviceUrl"
value="service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi"/>
</bean>

The following is the JMX code

mbServerConnection =
(MBeanServerConnection)applicationContext.getBean("mbeanConnection");
ObjectName brokerName = new
ObjectName("org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Broker");
BrokerViewMBean broker =
MBeanServerInvocationHandler.newProxyInstance(mbServerConnection,
brokerName, BrokerViewMBean.class,true);

broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61617");

Am I missing something here ? Any clues on what is wrong in the above code ?

I also tried using the jconsole.

When I give the connection string tcp://localhost:61617 and click
addConnector, jconsole says
"Problem invoking addConnector. java.lang.NullPointerException"