activemq-users mailing list archives

From Shahzad Bhatti <>
Subject Setting up network of brokers without shared database or file system
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 22:35:00 GMT

I am using ActiveMQ 5.2 with following configuration:
  <broker brokerName="US_Integ_RSP" persistent="true" useJmx="true"
        <!-- Destination specific policies using destination names or
wildcards -->
                    <policyEntry queue=">" memoryLimit="512mb">
                        <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ." />
                    <policyEntry topic=">" memoryLimit="128mb">
        <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
            <managementContext createConnector="true"/>
        <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="./var/" />

        <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"

      <networkConnector name="default-us-integ-rsp"
uri="multicast://default" dynamicOnly="true" conduitSubscriptions="false"
decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false" />

I am using two activemq servers and connecting to them from Spring using URL

and then registering listener as

init-method="start" destroy-method="stop">
        <property name="connectionFactory"
        <property name="destination" ref="responseQueue"/>
        <property name="messageListener" ref="asyncResponseAdapter"/>
        <property name="concurrentConsumers" value="1"/>
        <property name="sessionTransacted" value="true"/>

However, I am getting connected to only one of the server. If I increase
concurrentConsumers to higher value, I see that I am connected to both, but
is there a way to connect to both servers with only 1 consumer. Now, the
publisher might connect to one of the server and add the message to the
queue, but listener is on the other side. My question is that how do I setup
network of brokers to pass message to the right consumer.