activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Brown <bruce.br...@citrixonline.com>
Subject Session stalls after 30 minutes
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 18:32:21 GMT

I have a activemq-cpp consumer, consuming from a topic.
It is using CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDEGE.
I'm not setting a message listener, and am instead polling via receive(10).
I ack the message upon receipt.

Everything works well as long as I keep sending messages to the topic. If I
stop sending messages and allow the topic to go idle for 30 minutes it seems
like the client stalls. I say this because if I send a message it isn't
received. If I start another client listening on the same topic, that client
does receive it.

Does this sound familiar? Is there something I need to set to keep a session
up and running over long periods of inactivity?

Tnx.