activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jose Luna <j-l...@rocketmail.com>
Subject Re: too many open files
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 18:52:13 GMT

> At this point it is clear that it is an operating system issue.
Frederik is correct on this, I tested with CentOS 5.  Here is an example of setting the hard
and soft limit:
*                soft    nofile          8192
*                hard    nofile          65535
After that:
ulimit -n 8192
And you'll be set.

> We were using Mysql as the persitence store but took it out thinking that may be the
cause.

You'll actually be better off switching back to the jdbcPersistenceAdapter if you want to
reduce the number of open files.  The AMQ persistence store opens a file for every queue created.

JLuna