activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Gies <andr...@soa-knowledge.net>
Subject Re: a question about TTL(time to live) ...?
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 06:00:01 GMT
HI there,

are you looking at JConsole to determine this ? --- I think you are
running into
a particular behavior with ActiveMQ. The Time To Live is not regularly
checked
(there is no cleanup thread for ttled messages). To be more concrete
the TTL is checked
checked when the message is dispatched to the consumer or when the
message
is paged into memory from the secondary storage.
If you simply send one message without having consumers, the message
will not
vanish from the broker. If you start up a consumer, you will notice
the message disappearing
without reaching the consumer.

I hope that helps
Andreas