activemq-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ + OSGI
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:28:35 GMT
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:47, ffrenchm <> wrote:
> Hello,
> I've some questions about ActiveMQ and OSGI.
> As far as I know, there is two activemq jar bundlised : activemq-core and
> activemq-pool. Is there any others ActiveMQ bundlised jars today ?

All ActiveMQ jars are OSGi bundles.

> The other question I've is about the activemq bundleisation methodology. I
> already see that you use pom.xml to define your dependencies. I would like
> to know what kind of bundlisation tools is behind properties such as
> "activemq.osgi.import.pkg". Do you use a tool like bnd for example ?

Yes, those properties are defined in the root pom where the
maven-bundle-plugin configuration is defined.

> My aim is to integrate ActiveMQ bundle on Felix. I know this is already done
> on servicemix 4 but through their servicemix kernel (felix + others OSGI
> tools). Is there anybody who try to make it work directly on native felix ?
> Do you have any advices for me ?

Just deploy the jars and the required dependencies.
You'll find the list in ServiceMix 4 feature definition for ActiveMQ at
I advise you to use the same bundles as listed or you'll likely run into issues.