activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Listeners consumerEventSource small precisions ...
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:27:42 GMT
Hi Eric-AWL
On 20 Apr 2009, at 10:01, Eric-AWL wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I continue previous thread which describes how to use Advisory
> package and
> ConsumerEventSource.setConsumerListener.
>

> I will be in a network of brokers configuration where consumers are
> not
> directly created on the current  embedded broker used by my current
> connection.
>
> I have some questions about this way to know how many consumers are
> attached
> to a queue or a topic.
>
> Will I receive such kind of event when my embedded broker connects
> to a new
> distant broker where a consumer exists for this queue/topic ?
Yes - you'll receive events for any existing consumers that have
registered before you added your listener for those events

> Will I receive such kind of event when a distant broker which has a
> consumer
> for this queue/topic, disappears (network fault between the two
> brokers) ?
Yes - that's how it should work (haven't tested this lately)

> What is the best way to know how many consumers exist for a producer
> just
> created ? Is there a way to know this information without trying to
> send a
> message on the queue/topic associated with the producer ?
By registering a listener for consumers/producers - you'll get
notification of all existing consumers/producers - doesn't that work ?