activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mitch Granger <mitch.gran...@sophos.com>
Subject Problem discovering broken with using non-jmdns client
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:33:08 GMT
Cutting to the chase, I need to be able to discover brokers by non-java
means.  Here are the details:

I have activeMQ set up to use rendezvous using the following configuration:

<transportConnectors>
     <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613"
discoveryUri="rendezvous://test"/>
</transportConnectors>

<networkConnectors>
     <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="rendezvous://test"/>
</networkConnectors>

The DiscoveryAgent starts up fine and can be discovered using the jmdns
client (java -jar $ACTIVEMQ_HOME/lib/optional/jmdns.jar).  The service
shows up as _test.ActiveMQ-4.

However I can't detect it using regular mdns or bonjour client.  My
application is in perl so I've tried Net::Bonjour, which detects all the
other Bonjour services on the network but not activeMQ.  We've also
tried avahi clients, and mdns-scan but nothing detects it.

Is there some other settings that need to be applied so that clients
other than the java one can detect it?  I thought it was supposed to be
bonjour compatible?...

Thanks in advance!

  - mitch