activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Gies <andr...@soa-knowledge.net>
Subject Re: Advisory Messages -- None for Unsubscribe Durable from Topic? (etc)
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 06:19:10 GMT
Hi there,

you can browse the AdvisorySupport class and navigate from there to
understand
which objects are used to create the Advisory messages.

This having said, the architecture sounds a bit strange to me. One
reason why you use
JMS is to decouple producers and consumers. If I understand correctly
you are trying
to couple the producer to the fact that at least one  consumer for a
particular topic exists.

In a publish/subscribe architecture normally a producer publishes
events - important events
persistently and notifications non-persistently. The producer doesn't
(shouldn't) really care
who is connected on the consumer side.

My 2 ct
Andreas