activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jose Luna <j-l...@rocketmail.com>
Subject Durable subscription with subscription recovery policy
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:04:33 GMT

Hello,

I haven't received a response after a few days, so I'd like to try again. I'll try to be brief
this time:

Our consumers disconnect/reconnect frequently.  We need durable subscriptions to work with
the subscription recovery policy.  Currently (Activemq 5.2), durable subscriptions with the
"activemq.retroactive" header (STOMP) will receive all retroactive messages every time the
durable subscriber reconnects.

A bug report can be found at https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1549 .  The bug
is open and assigned, with fixed
version marked as 5.3 (although no work has been done yet).

and James seems to say that subscription recovery policy is
only for non-durable subscriptions.

So, are durable subscriptions meant to work with subscription recovery policies?  It used
to work this way in 4.x, but I'm not sure if it was an intentional change for 5.x.

I'm looking for two kinds of advice:
1.) How we might patch this ourselves.  We're a small development team on a tight deadline,
but we might be able to take a crack at it.

2.) Any advice on how to otherwise circumvent this problem.  The obvious solution is to use
the retroactive header only on the very first connection, but how can we know when the last
retroactive message is received?

I hope reposting is ok, I couldn't find any mailing list rules.  Here's the more verbose version