activemq-users mailing list archives

From Diego Rodríguez <>
Subject Re: Reconnect of the durable consumers after ActiveMQ restart/fail
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:16:56 GMT

    I have a similar config. I think the problem is because you have
maxReconnectAttempts parameter set to 2. When the connection reaches max
attempts it does not try to connect again, which is logicall. If you want to
revive your consumers you will have to reinstall them. At least is what I
have to do for consumers using ActiveMQConnectionFactory. Por producers
using PooledConnectionFactory, they get a new connection from pool. I don't
know if ActiveMQConnectionFactory is intended to work that way

    The problem is that if you don't set maxReconnectAttempts, if the broker
shutdowns, trying to reconnect is blocking, and for example in my case this
can lead to exhaust tomcat thread pool because threads waits for connection
to be avalaible. I would rather prefer setting a timeout trying to connect
so the calls are not blocking, and try to reconnect forever but this won't
be available until 5.3 release, I think