activemq-users mailing list archives

From dlindquist <>
Subject Re: Subscribe + Client aknowledge problem
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 01:29:22 GMT

liquidd wrote:
> 3. Sending 1 incorrect messages.
> 4. Consumer doesn't aknowledge them and continuing listen for other
> message. (ActiveMQ keeps incorrect message).
> And here problem:
> 5. Sending 1 correct message.
> 6. Consumer successfully reads 1 message and 1 times acknowledges.
> 7. Incorrect message DISSAPEARED from ActiveMQ!

I may be wrong, but as I understand it, the mechanics of message
acknowledgement mean that when you acknowledge ANY message, you acknowledge
ALL prior messages.

I believe that there is a feature called a 'dead letter' queue that you can
use to manage these types of things (do a quick google on something like
'ActiveMQ acknowledge dead-letter').  This is just what I recall from my
browsing of some JMS documentation, so perhaps someone more knowledgeable
can fill us both in ;-)