activemq-users mailing list archives

From dlindquist <j...@dlindquist.com>
Subject Advisory Messages -- None for Unsubscribe Durable from Topic? (etc)
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 01:23:00 GMT

I've been playing with the advisory messages in ActiveMQ -- primarily for the
purpose of avoiding doing the work to build a message if no-one is listening
on the topic, but also for monitoring clients.

The advisory messages work great for this, but I seem to be missing where to
find a couple of advisory messages...

First, I can't seem to find any message for when someone unsubscribes from a
topic (when using a durable connection).  This is a bit annoying, because it
means that I receive NO notification at all when a durable subscriber
decides to no longer receive messages.

Secondly, when I START receiving advisory messages, I get a nice 'flood'
that fills me in on who is listening, even if they've connected long ago --
this is great, because I don't miss anything that happened while I was
'away'.  Unfortunately, I only receive this type of 'catchup' message for
durable subscribers if they are currently ACTIVELY CONNECTED.  I don't
receive anything if they are currently not connected (but are still
'receiving' messages anyway, because they are 'durable').

And lastly, I can determine the subscriber ID of any subscriber (including
durables), but I can't seem to determine the CLIENT ID, even though this
seems to be an important part of a durable subscription (ie, the durable
subscriber is identified by BOTH the client id AND the subscriber id).

Is there any way for me to determine any of these?  Or am I trying to
completely bastardize ActiveMQ? ;-)

TIA!