activemq-users mailing list archives

From BigPic <nab...@jgro.net>
Subject Programatically determining number of consumers and pending messages
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 03:10:39 GMT

I have a setup with one fast producer and a variable number of slow
consumers.  I would like the producer, on startup, to adjust itself to the
number of consumers and the number of currently pending messages.

I know that I can use the  http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html
Advisory Messages  to tell when consumers start and stop listening, but
short of becoming a fake consumer, I haven't found a way for the producer to
tell on startup what the current situation is.  It seems the "Command Agent"
might help, but I can't find any documentation for it.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.