activemq-users mailing list archives

From Yaswanth <yaswanth.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Messages are not getting expired and removed from Non-persistent Non-Durable Topic in ActiveMQ 5.2
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:54:26 GMT

Hi,

Messages are not getting expired and removed from Non-persistent Non-Durable
Topic in ActiveMQ 5.2. We are facing a serious production issue.

We are using Object messages and Message producer to produce a message to
Topic. We have tried with setting expiration time on ObjectMessage and
TimeToLive on producer. Inspite of that messages are seen in jConsole and
JBoss JMX console after the expiry time of 60seconds

Below is the code snippet used
objectMessage.setJMSExpiration(60000);
messageProducer.setTimeToLive(60000);
messageProducer.send(destination, objectMessage);

We also tried with subscription recovery policy as below in the embedded
activemq broker. This is also not working
<subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
<!-- <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy />-->
<noSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
<timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy recoverDuration="60000" />
</subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>

There is a similar bug logged to Queue for ActiveMQ 5.2. Is this related to
that?
link to the bug  : https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1112

Appreciate quick inputs.

Thanks