activemq-users mailing list archives

From ronchalant <>
Subject Re: Managing a Broker via JMX
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 18:02:01 GMT

bsnyder wrote:
> Jconsole can be used to connect to remote brokers. When making a
> connection to the broker from Jconsole, specify the ip address and
> port number to connect. But I'm not sure this will provide what you
> need given that you're looking to 'dynamically manage network
> connectors'. What exactly do you need to manage about the connectors?
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print
> );'
> ActiveMQ in Action:
> Blog:
> Twitter:

In my application we want to leverage some kind of distributed queue
probably using store-forward, and new brokers may come online from
time-to-time.  I wanted to then update the network connector(s) dynamically
to include these new brokers in the store-forward scheme, and I wanted to do
this all programmatically.

I could always roll my own JMX component that wraps the broker, providing
whatever management I need, but I'd rather not re-invent that wheel.