activemq-users mailing list archives

From irey <>
Subject Tunnelling TCP on top of ActiveMQ
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:44:43 GMT

I'm about to do a stupid thing, I know. It's not ActiveMQ on top of TCP,
it's TCP on top of ActiveMQ. I have no technical reason to do this, just the
paranoia of someone who just won't open a blessed port on his firewall.

I think I'm gonna write a proxy that listens on a local address, packs data
into blocks and sends byte arrays on JMS object messages. On the remote end
exactly the oposite operation will be performed.

Question 1: does something similar already exist?
Question 2: can I estimate overhead before implementing it? (so that I can
compare it to alternative approaches)

Thanks in advance