activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Gies <ag...@progress.com>
Subject Re: how can I really use more then 1 receiver on the same queue?
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:30:14 GMT
Hi there,

a prefetch count of 0 would require you to poll messages from the
broker.
in your scenario it might be best to use a pre fetch count of 1.

Regards
Andreas

On Mar 20, 2009, at 4:35 PM, pclovec wrote:

> may be you can uses the virtualtopic function
>

> steve56 wrote:
>>
>> my environment:
>>  - AMQ 5.2.0
>>  - java 1.6.0_12
>>
>> the scenario:
>>  - few threads are waiting for long-time processing messages
>>  - each thread is using a separate connection and session
>>  - no transaction
>>  - session works on CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE mode
>>
>> case 1:
>>  - a lot of messages are present in queue
>>  - multi-thread application starts
>>  - only the first thread consumes messages, the other threads never.
>>  ok, if I well understands, the default value of prefetchPolicy
>> assign
>> all messages (<1000) to the first thread
>>
>> case 2:
>>  - set prefetchPolicy = 0
>>  - now all threads work consuming sequentially (non in parallel!)
>> messages. i.e: a thread receives a new message only when the previous
>> thread do message.acknowledge (or session.commit)
>>
>> If I need to process more then 1 messages in parallel with
>> acknowledge
>> what can I do?
>>
>> many thanks
>> steve56
>>

> --

---
Mit freundlichen Grüssen - Kind Regards
Andreas Gies
Principal Consultant
Open Source Center of Competence

Progress Software GmbH
Agrippinawerft 26
50678 Köln

E-Mail      	agies@progress.com
Direct Line 	+49 (0)9953 980349
Mobile      	+49 (0)170 5759611
Skype        	+44 (0)20 3239 2922
Skype       	+353 (0)1 443 4971
Skype       	+1 (0)781 262 0168

http://www.progress.com
http://fusesource.com
http://open-source-adventures.blogspot.com

Progress Software GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Agrippinawerft 26, 50678 Koeln;
Niederlassung: Fuerstenrieder Str. 279, 81377 Muenchen
Amtsgericht Koeln, HRB 15620;
Geschaeftsfuehrung: David Ireland