activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Gies <ag...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Network of 3 brokers, durable consumer problem
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:33:08 GMT
In addition to Gary's comment with only two brokers you had only one
forwarding bridge.
Only when you added the 3rd broker, the name conflict occurred when
the 2nd forwarding bridge
was about to be established.

Best regards
Andreas

On Mar 2, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Gary Tully wrote:

> The bridge broker name is used as an identity for that bridge's
> durable consumers. With a durable consumer, a bridge subscription
> needs to remain through a durable connect/close. This is achieved by
> using a well known name for the durable subscription in the bridge.
> This name is based on the bridge's broker name. This ensures that the
> bridge subscription remains through a durable subscription
> close/reopen and that the reopened subscription can reconnect with the
> original bridge's subscription.

> http://activemq.apache.org/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/src-html/org/apache/activemq/network/DurableConduitBridge.html#line.79
>
> 2009/3/2 Bastian Preindl <bastian.preindl@joinvision.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> apparently my mistake was to copy and paste the configuration from
>> one
>> broker to the others and not change the broker's name
>> ('localhost'). But I
>> wonder why this doesn't lead to problems from the beginning but as
>> recently
>> as I add the second durable subscriber to a broker having the same
>> name that
>> the first subscriber's broker. When establishing the bridges
>> everything
>> works fine.
>>
>> I'd really appreciate any clarification on this because now it
>> works but I
>> don't really know why?!
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>>
>> Bastian
>> --
>>

> --
> http://blog.garytully.com
>
> Open Source SOA
> http://FUSESource.com

---
Mit freundlichen Grüssen - Kind Regards
Andreas Gies
Principal Consultant
Open Source Center of Competence

Progress Software GmbH
Agrippinawerft 26
50678 Köln

E-Mail      	agies@progress.com
Direct Line 	+49 (0)9953 980349
Mobile      	+49 (0)170 5759611
Skype        	+44 (0)20 3239 2922
Skype       	+353 (0)1 443 4971
Skype       	+1 (0)781 262 0168

http://www.progress.com
http://fusesource.com
http://open-source-adventures.blogspot.com

Progress Software GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Agrippinawerft 26, 50678 Koeln;
Niederlassung: Fuerstenrieder Str. 279, 81377 Muenchen
Amtsgericht Koeln, HRB 15620;
Geschaeftsfuehrung: David Ireland