activemq-users mailing list archives

From Garth Patil <garthpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Active consumers question
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:20:47 GMT
So an active consumer is per connection rather than per destination
(queue/topic)? In the case of a Network of Brokers (with
dynamicOnly=true), this definition seems critical, because messages
should only be forwarded to remote brokers if there is an active
consumer on a specific destination.
>From http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html
dynamicOnly = if true, only forward messages if a consumer is active
on the connected broker

Is this what is going on in this bug:
where messages are being dispatched to brokers with no consumers
because the transport connector of the remote broker itself is being
considered an appropriate "active consumer"?

Thanks,
Garth