activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kyle Watson <k...@corewafer.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and Applets
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:00:25 GMT
So i got around that first exception by modifing the common logger
code to do a property check but now i'm running into more security
exceptions when activemq trys to request properties. Has anyone gotten
activemq 5 running in a applet??

here is the current exception.

javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://
localhost:43999. Reason: java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
org.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner read)
	at
org
.apache
.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:35)
	at
org
.apache
.activemq
.ActiveMQConnectionFactory
.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:280)
	at
org
.apache
.activemq
.ActiveMQConnectionFactory
.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:224)
	at
org
.apache
.activemq
.ActiveMQConnectionFactory
.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:172)
	at
com.corewafer.taos.ui.applets.Console.setupMessageServer(Console.java:
91)
	at com.corewafer.taos.ui.applets.Console.init(Console.java:162)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager
$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.util.PropertyPermission
org.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner read)
	at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
	at
org
.apache
.activemq.thread.TaskRunnerFactory.<init>(TaskRunnerFactory.java:62)
	at
org
.apache
.activemq.thread.TaskRunnerFactory.<init>(TaskRunnerFactory.java:47)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.<init>(ActiveMQConnection.java:
115)
	at
org
.apache
.activemq
.ActiveMQConnectionFactory
.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:285)
	at
org
.apache
.activemq
.ActiveMQConnectionFactory
.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:253)
	... 6 more

Best Regards
Kyle

> ActiveMQ just uses commons-logging by default so if you don't want to
> use log4j jsut don't include it in your classpath.
>
> More details here...
> http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-change-the-logging.html
> http://commons.apache.org/logging/guide.html
>
> 2009/3/12 Kyle Watson <kyle@corewafer.com>:
>> Hi,
>> I'm getting a exception when creating a connection factory in my
>> applet.
>>
>> Exception in thread "thread applet-
>> com.corewafer.taos.ui.applets.Console-1"
>> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>>        at
>> org
>> .apache
>> .activemq
>> .ActiveMQPrefetchPolicy.<clinit>(ActiveMQPrefetchPolicy.java:30)
>>        at
>> org
>> .apache
>> .activemq
>> .ActiveMQConnectionFactory.<init>(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:90)
>>        at
>> com
>> .corewafer.taos.ui.applets.Console.setupMessageServer(Console.java:
>> 87)
>>        at com.corewafer.taos.ui.applets.Console.init(Console.java:
>> 161)
>>        at
>> sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown
>> Source)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>> Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
>> (java.util.PropertyPermission
>> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.HashtableImpl read)
>>        at
>> java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
>>        at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
>> Source)
>>        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
>>        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown
>> Source)
>>        at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
>>        at
>> org
>> .apache
>> .commons.logging.LogFactory.createFactoryStore(LogFactory.java:320)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:1725)
>>
>> I've read that turning off logging using log4j.properties might
>> help but i'm
>> unable to get activemq in my applet to load a log4j.properties
>> file. Is it
>> possible for me to turn off logging at runtime?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Kyle Watson
>> Kyle Watson
>> Member of the Technical Staff
>> Core Wafer Systems
>> +1 (505) 349-0639 ext 114 (voice, direct to office)
> [...]