activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Active consumers question
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:50:52 GMT
Hi Garth,
No. A consumer is per destination. It is active on creation till it closes
or its session closes or its connection closes. The relevance of the
connection relates to the inactivity timeout which may kick in during a long
ack window.

The network support is based on advisory messages so a networked broker is
aware of per destination consumer creation.

I added a comment/question to AMQ-2135.

Gary.

--
http://blog.garytully.com