activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From andymorris <andymorri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Messages getting Stuck
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:48:56 GMT

Oh that's a shame. Have been trying OpenMQ but had some probs (namely
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5377354&tstart=0) but I really
can't believe there isn't a workaround for this - ActiveMQ is held in quite
a high regard and is used quite a lot of commercial environments.

Hmm, thanks for your reply, has anyone else experienced this (and hopefully
solved it!)?


krv wrote:
> 
> Hi Andy,
> 
> Even after doing some research and tries I didn't succeed in my original
> problem which is when I started looking for alternate solutions. OpenMQ
> seem to suite our needs and helped us overcome this particular problem.
> So, we went ahead with OpenMQ.
> 
> But not sure if OpenMQ offers the features that you require. You can check
> out its features and give it a try if it suits you.
> 
> Again here, no offence to ActiveMQ users.
> 
> Regards,
> Vivek
> 
> andymorris wrote:
>> 
>> Hi guys/gals
>> 
>> I know this is a fairly old post but I am experiencing exactly the same
>> problem as described using version 5.2, so any bug may not have been
>> fixed.
>> 
>> After failover a load of messages (have seen up to 7000) get stuck, if I
>> then restart the dead node and kill the new master (so switching back)
>> then some of the messages get consumed, however this is only a few
>> hundred or thousand and it gets stuck again. I keep switching broker node
>> by restarting the dead one and killing the master and it tends to get
>> through the remainding messages, but it tends to get to a few hundred
>> left and no more restarting helps.
>> 
>> My setup is:
>> ActiveMQ 5.2 HA with two nodes master and slave.
>> Java 6
>> Spring 2.5
>> Jencks to provide pooled connections (inbound and outbound)
>> JmsTemplate
>> Running from jar file (no appserver in this environment)
>> 
>> FYI our company has used ActiveMQ for the last few years and has had
>> quite a few problems (some their fault like putting 50mb files in
>> messages!) and I'm meant to be looking at alternatives. I'd like to prove
>> that if we use it properly and upgrade to the latest version that there'd
>> be no/less significant problems.
>> 
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> 
>> andy
>> 
>> 
>> rajdavies wrote:
>>> 
>>> Hi Vivek,
>>> 
>>> do you get the same behaviour with the default store (AMQ) ? You can  
>>> set this by commenting out the persistence option from your  
>>> configuration
>>> 
>>> cheers,
>>> 
>>> Rob
>>> On 15 Sep 2008, at 10:40, krv wrote:
>>> 
>>>>
>>>> Ok, now I tried the latest version (5.2.0-SNAPSHOT) and faced the  
>>>> issue at a
>>>> very early stage. Also the GUI was not showing number of messages
>>>> enqueued/dequeued properly. The counts were wrong.
>>>>
>>>> Please post if you have got any relevant information.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Vivek
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> krv wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi Rob,
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks for the advice. I tried using 5.1.0 but the issue was still  
>>>>> there.
>>>>> I hope my configuration is correct -
>>>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p19449362/activemq.xml activemq.xml  and 

>>>>> did
>>>>> not miss any configuration.
>>>>>
>>>>> Please let me know if you get anything. I'll also be trying the  
>>>>> latest
>>>>> SNAPSHOT, but I don't think I can wait for long for the stable  
>>>>> version.
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Vivek
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> rajdavies wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Vivek,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> this could well be a known bug - can you use 5.1 - or 5.2 (due out
 
>>>>>> soon)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> thanks,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Rob
>>>>>> On 11 Sep 2008, at 16:31, krv wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Sorry for posting this again, but I did not find any solution
to  
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> problem
>>>>>>> in the threads posted for the similar problem.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I'm using using ActiveMQ 5.0.0. I have a single enqueuer which
>>>>>>> enqueues say
>>>>>>> about 100 messages for a request. I have multiple (threaded)
 
>>>>>>> dequeuers
>>>>>>> running on different machines which poll Amq for messages.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> After about 2k-3k messages (or probably time) I see messages
 
>>>>>>> getting
>>>>>>> stuck
>>>>>>> in the AMQ store (I'm using pure JDBC persistence using mysql).
I
>>>>>>> can see
>>>>>>> the messages in the DB but the consumers do not get it. If I
 
>>>>>>> restart
>>>>>>> ActiveMQ the messages are delivered. I've attached my file -
>>>>>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p19437217/activemq.xml activemq.xml
.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>> Vivek
>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>> View this message in context:
>>>>>>> http://www.nabble.com/Messages-getting-Stuck-tp19437217p19437217.html
>>>>>>> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> View this message in context:
>>>> http://www.nabble.com/Messages-getting-Stuck-tp19437217p19489877.html
>>>> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>>
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Messages-getting-Stuck-tp19437217p22805036.html
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message