activemq-users mailing list archives

From cart2man <nab...@mbreslow.net>
Subject issues - negative queue size; msgs not being delivered...
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:19:21 GMT

I'm having some problems that I hope you can help me sort out.

Architecture:
2 activemq 5.2 brokers running on different hosts in a network of brokers
configuration.  Each defines a single networkConnector as follows:
           <networkConnector uri="multicast://default?group=PROD"
                name="default-nc"
                networkTTL="2"
                dynamicOnly="true"
                conduitSubscriptions="true"
                decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false">
            </networkConnector>

I have a collection of server processes written in C/C++.  Each of these
subscribe to the same queue called "connectrequests" and I rely on activemq
to dispatch messages sent to that queue in a round-robin fashion.  The
connect string used here is
failover://(tcp://server1:61516,tcp://server1:61516)?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1

I have a web application written in Java which uses Spring JMSTemplate to
publish messages out to the C/C++ services.  The connect string used here is
discovery:(multicast://default?group=PROD)?initialReconnectDelay=100&jms.useAsyncSend=true

After a while (~300k msgs), I see the queue size for the connectrequests
queue become a negative number and the C/C++ consumers stop getting new
messages.  When I purge the queue using JMX, the messages start flowing
again.

I've read AMQ-2009 and AMQ-1940 but not sure if this is exactly the same
thing.

Any ideas?