activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stephen Pietrowicz <...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject Strange -Dactivemq.base behavior
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:50:27 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to change the location of -Dactivemq.base.   In the activemq
script, you can do this by setting the environment variable ACTIVEMQ_BASE to
something besides the default, which is $ACTIVEMQ_HOME.

I set ACTIVEMQ_BASE=/tmp, and ran activemq with a simplified version of the
conf/activemq.xml file.   I verified (by looking at "ps") that
-Dactivemq.base=/tmp when activemq executes.   I set it to /tmp so the files
for /tmp/data will go there.  (Just for this test).

When I do this, it appears that not only does it not put data into /tmp as
requested, but it creates an actual directory called "${activemq.base}" in
the current working directory.   It puts the "data" directory below that,
along with all the usual subdirectories below "data".

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug?   Here is the simple.xml
file I'm using:

<beans
  xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd
  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd   
  http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">

        <!-- Destination specific policies using destination names or
wildcards -->
        <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
                <policyEntries>
                    <policyEntry queue=">" memoryLimit="5mb"/>
                    <policyEntry topic=">" memoryLimit="5mb">
                    </policyEntry>
                </policyEntries>
            </policyMap>
        </destinationPolicy>

        <persistenceAdapter>
            <amqPersistenceAdapter syncOnWrite="false"
directory="${activemq.base}/data" maxFileLength="20 mb"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

        <!--  The maximum about of space the broker will use before slowing
down producers -->
        <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <!-- SRP - up memory usages from 20 mb to 512 mb-->
                    <memoryUsage limit="512 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>


        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
/>
        </transportConnectors>

    </broker>

</beans>

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Strange--Dactivemq.base-behavior-tp22608067p22608067.html
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message