activemq-users mailing list archives

From Antsa <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ JNDI support only for testing?
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 06:19:40 GMT

huntc wrote:

> I'm curious as to what is trying to be achieved here. Could you please
> explain why it is useful to perform a naming/directory lookup for a queue
> or topic name?

My use case is probably due to my newbie status with JMS.
Session.createTopic javadocs imply that normal JMS usage would rarely
require this and I felt it implied that it was not really the way to do
things.  I was therefore looking at generic ways to create Destination
objects in the client side.

My solution for the moment is to use Spring's JmsTemplate class which takes
String destinationName and then uses the configured destinationResolver to
get the object.

Antony