activemq-users mailing list archives

From huntc <hu...@mac.com>
Subject Re: CertificateLoginModule does not appear to receive certificates
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 23:01:22 GMT

It appears that I have to force AMQ to have its JAAS login module use a
JAASCertificateCallbackHandler; at least that's my inference.

Anyhow when I used the following in my activemq.xml:

<jaasCertificateAuthenticationPlugin configuration="activemq-domain" />

...things worked i.e. I can see the client cert.

Note the difference between "jaasCertificateAuthenticationPlugin" and
"jaasAuthenticationPlugin". Quite subtle.

I think that getting mutual SSL authentication working with AMQ has been a
challenge and lacks the documentation it needs. Once I complete my LDAP
authorisation using certificate authentication project I shall blog about it
all and supply details on how to set it up. I think that this is worth doing
as enterprise scenarios really demand mutual authentication and LDAP
authorisation.