activemq-users mailing list archives

From huntc <hu...@mac.com>
Subject ssl client connectivity and the keystore with needClientAuth on the broker
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:58:51 GMT

Hi there,

I'm having great difficulty in get SSL connectivity working with client
certificate verification (needClientAuth = true on the broker's ssl
transport).

I think that I have my certificates all set up correctly. I see the broker
asking the client for its certificate via Wireshark.

I notice that the SSL transport code shows that if it gets a connectionInfo
command then it calls upon the session's getPeerCertificates method.

My questions are:

(i) if my broker's transport is configured with needClientAuth=true then
will my client's transport receive this connectionInfo command?
(ii) will getPeerCertificates return all of the keyEntry objects in my
keystore?
(iii) do I also need to set needClientAuth=true on my client as well as my
broker?

Thanks for your guidance.

Kind regards,
Christopher